Why us

Presentation of POWERSCREEN



At Powerscreen International we work hard, together with the whole of our Sales and Service organisation, to continue to be the first choice for anyone in the Screening industry.
  • Powerscreen was officially registered in 1966.
  • The idea was to produce screening plants for local sand and gravel quarries.
  • The initial aim was to replace expensive permanent plants with mobile screens.
  • The first machine to be produced was the MK I, which was similar in design to the current MK II.
  • In the 70s, the models in production became 5.
  • In the 80s, Powerscreen developed an extensive sales network in Europe and in the U.S.
  • In 1987, Powerscreen was listed on the stock exchanges in London and Dublin.
  • In 2000, Powerscreen was acquired by Terex Corporation.
  • Powerscreen currently employs more than 2100 people worldwide and is without doubt the leading manufacturer of mobile screening and mobile crushing plants in the world.
  • Powerscreen products are sold worldwide through a network of independent dealers, 90% of which are exclusive distributors and the remaining 10% have an exclusive Powerscreen division within their organisation.

THE ADVANTAGES OF POWERSCREEN'S 4-BEARING SCREENS

  1. Powerscreen screens with 4 bearings are of the "DIRECT ECCENTRICITY " type, which means the vibrations are derived directly from an "ECCENTRIC SHAFT" mounted on 4 bearings, generating a much more "Dry" vibration and thus ensuring the best results even with difficult or partially wet material.

    In conventional 2-bearing screens, used by most of our competition, the vibrations are obtained by centrifugal force applied to the shaft (which gives much larger but "dampened" vibrations and therefore a mediocre sieving).
  2. In Powerscreen screens, the weight of the screen itself is supported by the eccentric shaft mounted on the 4 bearings and not by springs as in 2 bearing screens.
    This means that even with an overload of material on the screen:
    • The speed of the rotation of the shaft does not decrease.
    • The screen is not pressed under the weight of the material, so the effectiveness of the screening remains constant in time.

  3. Balancing the screen: the rotation of the eccentric shaft causes the screen to follow a circular trajectory and generates the vibration, and therefore the screening action.
    To counteract the imbalance of the screen, two large eccentric masses are mounted on the shaft, to which some adjustment counterweights are applied.
    In addition, the external bearings are supported by anti-vibration dampers that have the function of absorbing vibrations so they are not transmitted to the frame of the screen.
In conclusion, the main advantage of the 4 bearing screen lies in its better screening efficiency, even with difficult and partially wet materials, which results in an increased production of the plant and thus higher earnings for the customer.

Impianti Industriali s.r.l. via Vailetta, 48 - 24044 - Dalmine (BG) - telefono +39 0355788022 - fax +39 0355788023
P.IVA / C.F. / CCIAA 00764760195 - REA BG - 0392937